COVID-19 Safety at Westdale Dental
At Westdale Dental, your safety and comfort are very important to us. Our office works hard in order to maintain excellent COVID-19 safety standards. We will continue with all our current safety measures that already meet or exceed requirements.
You may notice a few things at our office that are new due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Taking your temperature with a touch-free thermometer (IR) when you arrive and having you use hand sanitizer. If you are not feeling well or are running a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, we will reschedule your appointment.
- We are limiting our waiting room. A staff member will meet you in the entryway and escort you to our social-distanced waiting room. Call from your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Due to social distancing, we ask that only the patient come back to the treatment room. One guardian can accompany a child if appropriate.
- We have added a HEPA air purifier in each room to filter viruses, bacteria, molds, dust, dander, pollen, and VOCs.
- You will rinse/ gargle for 60 seconds with a mouth rinse that destroys viruses and bacteria in your mouth before we work on your mouth.
- If the current CDC guidelines recommend wearing a mask/ face-covering in public places, we ask that you please wear this to the office. You will leave it on until you are seated in your treatment room.
Some of these measures will be temporary, others may be the new normal. We thank you in advance for your help in keeping our staff and patients safe.
We look forward to helping you with your dental needs. Some people may have additional questions — please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns. As always, we are here to help you.